Quoted

(2 comments)

A person that I deeply respect and who is very know in Latvian IT society recently said that he often uses a quote of mine in his presentations. I completely forgot that I ever said that, but it sounds very much like what I would say, so I wanted to write it down so that I do not forget about it again:

90% of the people do not understand copyright, the other 10% simply ignore it.

Heh, I must have been optimistic. There is no way that so many people actually understand copyright. :)

Note: most Debian Developers and FLOSS developers in general are an exception to this rule, but sadly comprise such a small percentage of the population that it means very little from a public policy perspective.

Currently unrated

Comments

Raphael 9 years, 7 months ago

Great quote. If you have no objections I would like to use it for my slides on this topic (with correct attribution).

Link | Reply

aigarius 9 years, 7 months ago

Sure, I'll be glad if you will.

Link | Reply

New Comment

required

required (not published)

optional

Recent Posts

Archive

2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005

Categories

Authors

Feeds

RSS / Atom